From NANOG Wiki
Revision as of 02:26, 5 December 2009 by Ras
NANOG 40, Bellevue, Washington, June 3-6, 2007
General Meeting Information
- NANOG 40 meeting page at Merit
- NANOG40 Roommates Wanted
- Possibly a Seattle Westin carrier hotel tour of some sort... Developing...
Airport, Ground Transportation
- Information on Seatac Int'l airport
- The Hyatt (the official guest room overflow hotel for this meeting, right across the street from the Westin) operates a shuttle service between Seatac Int'l airport and its front door. This can be used by anyone, and costs $19.50 per person one way. Call 425-981-7000 to get schedule information. I believe it makes the run every 40 minutes or so during peak hours.
- A cab from Seatac Int'l airport to the Westin generally runs between $35 and $50.
- A towncar/limo from Imperial, 206 660 5509, will cost you the same.
- Sound Transit operates at least one route between Seatac Int'l airport and Bellevue downtown.
Conference Hotel, Nearby Accomodations
- The Westin Bellevue is the primary meeting hotel, with a large guest room block and all of the conference space for NANOG. The rooms are available at a subsidized $199 per night rate. This group rate is sold out for all days of the conference. Ask for the AAA rate. You should be able to get a $279 a night rate with that.
- The Hyatt Regency Bellevue has a large guest room block for NANOG, at the same subsidized $199 per night rate. There are no NANOG conference activities planned at this hotel, but it is directly across the street from the complex which houses the Westin Bellevue.
- Nearby accomodations:
|Venue||Phone||Distance||Approx Price (please edit as needed)|
|The Coast||(425) 455-9444||1.6 miles||$139|
|Courtyard||(425) 454-5888||0.5 miles||Sold out?|
|Sheraton||(425) 235-4458||0.8 miles||$224|
|Hilton/DoubleTree||(425) 455-1300||1.1 miles||$191|
|Paragon||(425) 455-1515||0.9 miles||$115|
|Silver Cloud||(425) 637-7000||0.5 miles||$159|
|Red Lion||(425) 455-5240||0.9 miles||$187|
|Bellevue Club||(425) 454-4424||1.3 miles||$225|
- General information about Bellevue
- Great Asian restaurant near Microsoft campus...Teapot Restaurant @ 15230 NE 24th St. Redmond or 345 15th Ave. E. Seattle.
- For a Very Good Steak Restaurant, go to Daniel's Broiler on top of the Hyatt.
- Tap House Grill. Good restaurant food. Great Happy Hour (bar only): Mon-Fri 3:30-6:30 pm, Mon-Thur 10:00-Close, Sun 4:00-Close
- Rock Bottom. Good food and happy hour.
- Ruth's Chris Steak House. Amazing happy hour after 9:00 pm (bar only). But Ruth's Chris is quite over-rated and quite expensive for the mediocre food one gets.
- Terrific Chinese food, Kosher and near the Space Needle: Bamboo Gardens Restaurant @ 364 Roy Street ÃÂÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂ¢ Seattle. My first choice in places to eat when visiting the NW!
- The best dim sum in Eastern Washington (as Seattle folk and other Puget Sound dwellers think of that suburban sprawl on the East side of the lake) is Noble Court, which also has pretty good Cantonese cuisine.
- Top Gun, an old favorite dim sum restaurant closed in Seattle, but is now open in the Factoria area of Bellevue, almost at the intersection of I-405 and I-90.
- Gilbert's Main Street Bagel Deli is also notable map
- Moghul Palace has fantastic Indian food. Located just two blocks from the Westin, it's definitely worth the visit if you're craving! Ate there Sunday night. I would classify it as mediocre.
- Manzana Rotisserie Grill is the main restaurant of the Westin Hotel. From their website: "At the core of ManzanaÃÂÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂs menu is fire roasted rotisserie Oregon-raised chicken, seasoned with a special blend of 30 spices."
- McCormick & Schmick's Seafood Restaurant a well known national chain is located on the first floor of Lincoln Square - an elevator ride away from the conference.
- Bellevue-Maggiano's Little Italy another well known chain restaurant is also located on the first floor of Lincoln Square.
- Joeys Bellevue Place is located across the NE 8th Street from the conference hotel and features "new world cuisine with a broad spectrum of regional entrÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂ©e selections". If the new sky bridge over NE 8th St opens in time you can get there from the second floor of Lincoln Square.
- Z Tejas Southwestern Grill is across Bellevue Way from the conference hotel. Cross the street using the existing sky bridge on the second floor of Lincoln Square and turn right. It's a regional chain featuring Tex Mex food.
- PF Chang's, Red Robin, Cheesecake Factory - all well known chain restaurants can be found along Bellevue Way right across the street from Lincoln Square and the conference hotel.
- La Cocina del Puerco is located on Main street about 4 blocks from the conference. It a small place and the food is ok, but the decor is most interesting.
- Cafe Pogacha at 10885 NE 4th St is located about 4 blocks from the conference. It's a local chain (2 restaurants) that feature Mediterranean fare. The Pogacha bread is very good as are the Pogacha's (they look a lot like pizzas)
- Broiler Bay at 10636 Main St is another block past east of Pogacha's on Main St. It's kind of hard to find but it's in the same building as the Parker Paint Store. It's a burger joint that all the kids from Bellevue High patronize. The grilled chicken burgers are very good and assuming you can bring yourself to actually step into the building and order you'll enjoy it.
- Its Seattle!! Starbucks is in Every Building :) And friends do not let friends drink FourBucks.
- Seattle's Best has been bought by FourBucks, but at least the beans are not burned.
- There is the occasional Tully's and Mr. Peete's, though I am not sure the latter is in Hellview, but there is definitelty one up in Redmond, should you be heading up there.
- The best thing to do is to find a local micro-roaster who is private and does their own.
- Get the hell out of the concrete, glass, and plastic burbs and go over to Seattle.
- Shopping - Bellevue Square Mall. Right across the street from the Westin.
- The Parlor - Billiards & Spirits located on the top floor of the Lincoln Square building (next door to the Westin) boasts 42 pool tables and two bars. General Info
- If you're in the mood for a little culture, the building just South of the Westin is the Bellevue Arts Museum. The exhibits rotate regularly. Admission is $7 for adults. Closed Mondays.
- Need to get out and stretch your legs? Gorgeous, sunny day? Two blocks southwest of the Westin is the Bellevue Downtown Park. 20 acres and a half mile circular path make this park perfect for a little exercise and/or a picnic lunch.
Bars & Clubs
- The Parlor - Billiards & Spirits located on the top floor of the Lincoln Square building (next door to the Westin) boasts 42 pool tables and two bars. Open Sunday until midnight, the rest of the week until 2am. General Info
- Trader Vic's in Lincoln Square
- A 15 minute drive puts you in Downtown Kirkland. Bar, Club, and Pub info
- Rock Bottom Brewery is a local micro-brewery, though a bit on the make.
- The William Morris exhibit at The Bellevue Arts Museum is said to be good.
- Bellevue Botanical Gardens is said to be quite good, and this is definitely the season.